Hiring: Lead Bartender
We’re growing and we need a lead bartender! Read below to see Job Description!
Position Title: Lead Bartender
The lead bartender is responsible for assisting the Operations Manager in maintaining a positive environment, which provides fast, efficient, and friendly service ensuring a Total Quality Experience for both our customers and team members. The lead bartender assists in training, customer service, product knowledge and education, encouraging safe work practices, and a demonstrated commitment to our Guiding Principles and House Rules. This position directly supervises any bartenders and acts as the manager on duty in the absence of the store and/or assistant manager.
- Maintains a clean, organized and friendly environment and when necessary may assist the Sales Manager with events, or preparing samples for events.
- Performs all POS duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures, coordinating with the Operations Manager when necessary.
- Establishes effective and positive communication amongst all team members.
- Assists Operations Manager in maintaining proper coverage and team member schedules ensuring that the store maintains customer service standards and team members adhere to brewery policies.
- Ensures all cash handling procedures are upheld. Is accountable for store funds while running a shift.
- Assists Operations manager in planning and executing all promotions effectively and efficiently.
- Will provide guidance and actively set an example for team members, ensuring that all Standard Operating Procedures are maintained and followed.
- Follows and directs team members to follow store policies, procedures and adhere to merchandising and cleanliness standards.
- Promotes and practices safe work habits, reporting potential safety hazards, operational inconsistencies and team member incidents to the store manager. Reports/documents team member accidents, conducts initial investigation and determinations of root cause in the interest of maintaining a safe work environment.
- Is the Role Model for outstanding service and “owner” of the service initiative during his/her shift.
- Pro-active in solving customer problems and satisfying customers in various situations.
- Ensures that all Team Members follow the Standard Operating Procedures lead by greeting and responding to all customers with fast, efficient, friendly and personalized service. Strives to develop a rapport with customers by learning their names, and favorite drinks.
- Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations. Investigates and resolves customer incidents, documenting if necessary.
- Consistently monitors, coaches and encourages team members to meet the Company’s service standards.
- Follows all Company procedures, maintaining the highest quality and consistent product standards.
- Ensures that all team members are educated on our products and services, by developing an understanding of our various types of beers, brands, and other products, as well as knowledge of beer styles and beer brands, and the various differences in flavor.
- Tastes products on a per shift basis for quality assurance.
- Maintaining strict control of stock and financial controls
Training & Development:
- Demonstrates the ability to lead, communicate and champion Bangin’ Banjo Brewing Company’s Principles, House Rules and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provides coaching and training to bartenders on performance expectations.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Minimum one year of craft beer bartending experience. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills required (i.e. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Email).
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends, evenings and special events as needed.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- This position will require frequent standing and use of hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and frequently bend and twist from the waist.
- Frequently required to use hand and finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to adjust vision to both day and night lighting, and be able to focus on distant and close-range projects. Regularly required to handle alcoholic beverages.
- Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
If you feel like you’re worthy and this is the job for you please email your resume to: email@example.com for consideration!